our current apartment. the “garden level” black door to the right is ours
Finding a new apartment is a challenge in Boston. We hate our apartment we are in now, and that is an understatement. Let me make a small list of the grudges we have against it:
1. Zero sunlight enters this dungeon.
2. We hear the mice come out to play at night.
3. The mold from the apartment makes me constantly sick and I have basically lost my sense of smell.. hopefully temporarily.
4. Our landlord said it was a dog friendly apartment and has changed his mind.
5. We get the NASTIEST bugs here.
6. Our ceiling has leaked through in multiple spots.
7. Last but certainly not least… our boiler goes off every 30 minutes and vibrates the walls. This left us no choice but to move our bed away from the wall it shared with the boiler. However, this means our bed is in our living room 😦
Somehow our landlord rented out our apartment already for next September. We had someone show up at our door to preview our apartment in January, and this was before we had even told our landlord we weren’t going to renew the lease. Annoying. But thankfully it got rented out despite our queen size bed sitting in our living room..and that means no more people showing up to look at our apartment!
We may have found a new place for September! (yes….. it is March) It’s a couple blocks down the road from our current place…top floor….sunny as can be. DOG FRIENDLY! cute…bay windows….paint-able… and just the perfect apartment! We find out soon if our application got approved. We have already been turned down once so we are praying hard. We hope this next part of our journey includes a little more of that Boston sunshine that we love so much.